Monday, August 22, 2011

what if the relationship is tagged...well "untagged"

He recently came from a failed marriage.

And I am just a couple of months shy from breaking up with somebody who used to be my world.

And so he said a commitment between us is very unlikely.

Hence the “open relationship” as he calls it.

Tagging a relationship would just ruin everything, he said…expectations will arise, demands will be made..and sooner, disappointments will be felt.

And so we, sort of, agreed on this untagged relationship.

But if this is the case….

.....Do I need to let him know what my plans are for the day?

.....And am I allowed to ask his?

.....Do I expect a message everyday from him?

.....And am I supposed to do the same?

.....On those instances that messages are not received am I allowed to be upset?

.....Is it perfectly okay to be jealous when he would spend weekends with his friends rather than spending it with me after a very busy week during which he hardly had time for me at all?

And if this is an untagged relationship…

.....why are we planning on seeing each other soon?

.....and why can’t we wait for that day to finally arrive?

.....why do we get upset when our internet connections just wouldn’t cooperate?

.....why do we miss each other when days pass and we don’t see each other even for awhile?

.....why do we curse parallel universe for not making us meet sooner?

.....and why are we falling in love so fast, so hard, so deep?

.....and why, pray tell, can’t I even imagine tomorrow without him?

Somebody help…..

No comments:

Post a Comment